- This event has passed.
Anishinabek Nation Traditional Medicine Conference – CALL FOR FACILITATORS
May 24, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location : Quattro Hotel and Conference Centre, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
August 14-15, 2018
Call for WORKSHOP FACILITATORS
Submission deadline: June 14, 2018 Results notification: June 25, 2018
The Anishinabek Nation FASD Program will be hosting our very first Traditional Medicine Conference under the guidance and input of our Advisory Committee and Elders. The purpose of this gathering is nurture the preservation and sharing of traditional knowledge by Anishinabe People for Anishinabe People.
Submissions to present at the conference should be both traditionally and culturally-based. For those who speak the language, we encourage the incorporation of Anishinaabemowin into the presentations.
Preference will be given to:
- Workshops that include a hands-on activity.
- Sessions by people who are recognized Elders/Healers/Traditional Knowledge Keepers in our communities.
Please tell us about yourself:
- Presenter(s) Name(s)
- Please tell us what First Nation you are from and about your work experience related to traditional medicines:
- Mailing Address (street, town, province, postal code)
- Phone: Email Address:
- Title of your Workshop:
- Workshop Description (please tell us about your workshop and what you wish to present):
- Will there be a hands on activity in your session? (i.e. preparing medicine):
- Presenters will have the option of 75 min workshop or the full-afternoon to present, please indicate the amount of workshop time that you would prefer: 75 mins: _____ or 3 hours: _______
SUBMISSION CRITERIA: Submissions will be be reviewed by the Traditional Medicine Advisory Committee:
- Relevance to Traditional Medicines and knowledge.
- Clarity and coherence of submission.
- We are seeking a broad range of topics and perspectives related to traditional health/medicine. The conference is intended to be of interest to all individuals from beginners to experienced knowledge carriers.
Acceptance as a Presenter
- You may be contacted by a member of the selection committee regarding any questions about your proposal.
- Successful applicants will be notified by the Conference Coordinator by June 25, 2018.
- Presenters will be provided with a designated time to present by the conference committee.
- Travel, meals and accommodations will be covered by the conference budget. Arrangements will be made through the conference coordinator. Further information to follow once submissions are accepted. Hands on activities are encouraged. Any workshop supply costs must be pre-approved by the committee prior to the conference. Submission of original receipts will be required.
- A flat rate workshop fee of $500 will be paid for each accepted workshop proposal. (i.e. if 2 presenters are presenting one workshop together, the fee paid will be $500 in total). All facilitators will receive asemaa prior to their session and free conference registration.
Please submit a copy of your submission by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 14, 2018
*You may also submit via regular mail/fax provided that your submission is received by June 14.
For questions regarding the conference, please contact:
FASD Program Coordinator
Anishinabek Nation, 1 Migiizii Miikan, P.O. Box 711, North Bay, Ontario P1B 8J8
Toll-free telephone: 1-877-702-5200, ext 2296 Fax: (705) 497-9135