Public Education (Honesty)
To link with non-Native educators and community leaders and form networks to distribute accurate information about Anishinabek Nation cultures, traditions, and contemporary issues.
The communications unit provides the North Bay Nugget with a week-end Niijii (Friends) Circle Page. Started in 2002, the purpose of the Niijii Circle page is to build relationships which create respect and understanding among all peoples in the Anishinabek Nation territory. Examples of these pages are found in the documents section below.
* Participation in 2004 Northern Ontario anti-racism project.
* Niijii Circle Initiative won CRRF Award of Excellence, 2003* “Welcome to Anishinabek Territory” magazine 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
* Debwewin Citation Award (Debwewin Terms of Reference) www.debwewin.ca
* Weekly Niijii Circle Page published in the North Bay Nugget (2002 to date)
* Social media: Facebook and Twitter (follow AnishNation)
* Anishinabek Nation You Tube channel
* Post-secondary courses (Canadore College and Huntington University)
* Aboriginal Beat Conferences (Oct/03, May/01); op-ed submissions
* Cross-cultural Training (MCTV, MNR, Canadian Forces)
* Assisting in development of brochure, Aboriginals and the Ontario Human Rights Code Aboriginal
2013 Debwewin Citation Terms of Reference
File: DEBWEWIN CITATIONS -- Terms of Reference 2013.pdf
Teacher's Kit and Book Order Form
File: ORDER FORM-02.jpg
Information on Teacher's Kit
File: ORDER FORM-01.jpg
Niijii Page Feb. 7/15
Teachers kit radio interview Moose FM
File: Alex Hebert and Marci Becking interview.mp3
For additional information about Public Education (Honesty) or any information regarding the content of this page, please contact:
|No duplication is permitted of this site graphically or conceptually unless requested and approved in writing.|
All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Copyright © 2008 Union of Ontario Indians and Northshore Developments.
For technical issues regarding this site please contact the site developers: Northshore Developments